The June calendar is packed full with some amazing events. Check out our top 10 events not to miss this month. There are many more fantastic events happening this month so be sure to check out our calendar at www.DowntownDurango.org or www.whatshappeningdurango.com/
1. Durango Blues Train - Friday and Saturday, June 1 & 2 on board the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, 6:30pm. What better way to listen to music, than on the Historic Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, while traveling through the canyon in the San Juan National Forest? This amazing experience is like no other, where you can enjoy six live blues performances in six coaches. The ride lasts three and a half hours and is sure to be something you will be talking about to your friends for months to come. Details available at www.durangotrain.com.
2. Animas River Days - Saturday, June 2, at Santa Rita Park, 8:30am. Enjoy the day watching some exciting water sport competition, from the Canoe/Kayak Slalom and SUP/SURF Competition, to the Raft Slalom and Freestyle Kayak, and much, much more. Don’t miss the River Parade viewing party set for 6pm. It’s a full day of fun on the Animas River. For details go to: https://www.animasriverdays.com.
3. True West Rodeo - Opening date: Wednesday, June 6 at the La Plata County Fairgrounds. The rodeo is held each Wednesday through August 8. Enjoy LIVE Wild West entertainment each Wednesday night throughout the summer. The show includes broncs, bulls and lots of Wild West entertainment for the entire family. For more information go to: http://www.truewestrodeo.com.
4. Men Who Grill - Saturday, June 9 at Buckley Park, 11am. This is a fun, family friendly event that features all-you-can-eat grilled creations, live music from Kirk James Blues Band and beer from Steamworks Brewing. The event is a fundraiser for the Women’s Resource Center in Durango, which serves more than 1,600 individuals annually. For more information click here: http://wrcdurango.org/news-events/men-who-grill-2018.
5. Durango Barbershoppers 50th Anniversary Concert - Saturday, June 9 at the Community Concert Hall at Fort Lewis College, 7pm. Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Durango Barbershoppers with an evening of music and fun, including award-winning quartets Blue Steele and Storm Front. Click here for tickets: https://www.durangoconcerts.com.
6. Durango Cowboy Gathering 4th Annual Bar Dance and Picnic Fundraiser - June 10, Rotary Park, 5pm. Enjoy an evening of music and poetry in support of the Durango Cowboy Poetry Gathering. Bring your own picnic or purchase delicious Angus burger/brats and sides for $5 from the VFW. Wine, beer and sodas will be available for purchase. Tickets are just $15. Free admission for children under 12. Limited seating will be available, but attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets. The event will be moved inside the VFW in the event of rain. More information can be found at: http://www.durangocowboygathering.com/barndance.php.
7. Concert Hall @ The Park – Beginning Thursday June 14 in Buckley Park, 5:30pm. Its back! You know summer is in full swing when the concerts return to Buckley Park. Each Thursday night through July 26, the Community Concert Hall at Fort Lewis College and Alpine Bank present live music in Buckley Park. This event is family-friendly. Bring your blankets, chairs and picnics, though light food items will be available at the park for purchase. More information at: https://www.durangoconcerts.com.
8. Durango Celtic Festival Summer Series - Henry Strater Theatre, Friday, June 15, 7:30pm. Enjoy an evening of Celtic music with One for the Foxes, an exciting and dynamic transatlantic trio. The group presents a tasteful blend of Irish, American and other folk music from around the world. More information and tickets can be found here: http://www.durangocelticfestival.com.
9. Paula Poundstone – Friday, June 15 at the Community Concert Hall at Fort Lewis College, 7:30pm. She’s Back! Paula Poundstone is one of our country’s pre-eminent comedians. Widely known for the weekly NPR comedy new quiz show, “Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me,” Paula will have you laughing hysterically throughout the evening. This show is sure to sell out, so don’t wait to get your tickets. You will be glad you did. For tickets click here: https://durangoconcerts.tix.com/Event.aspx?EventCode=1017112.
10. Community Concerts at the Secret Garden at the Rochester Hotel - Beginning Wednesday, June 27, 5pm. A locals favorite! There’s no better place to be on a Wednesday than at the Secret Garden listening to great music. The cover is just $10 and proceeds support La Plata County non-profit organizations. This 10-week concert series is held each Wednesday through the summer and is underwritten by a grant from the Community Foundation. Click here for a full schedule: http://www.swcommunityfoundation.org.
Check out the full calendar at www.DowntownDurango.org
©2019 Durango Business Improvement District (BID)