Mother’s Day shopping guide
Looking for a special gift for Mom? Look no further than Downtown Durango. Our many galleries, gift shops and specialty boutiques offer lots of unique items for your mom for Mother’s Day. All of these items can be found on our online shopping guide
- For the Artsy Mom – Take a look at the beautiful photography at Scenic Aperture, a gift that will last for years to come. For a little whimsical fun, check out Delbert Buck Folk Art at Toh-Atin Gallery. These pieces are sure to put a smile on Mom’s face.
- Give the gift of relaxation - Luxurious goat milk soaps, lotions, lotion bars and lip balms from Sticks and Stones Handmade. You will find variety of lovely scents to choose from that will have Mom smelling wonderful.
- Special things for a special lady - From beautiful scarfs to an array of jewelry, you will find lots of special things for Mom at Lively (a boutique). Find locally made items as well as items that support communities in Haiti.
- Unique treasures - Mom will adore all the unique treasures at Tippy Canoe: from a fun truck bed cooler, to beautiful dishes, to handmade bird houses. So much to choose from! For additional unique items, be sure to check out A Shared Blanket featuring art, jewelry, baskets and more, including wonderful treasures and exceptional one of a kind pieces all the way from Alaska.
- Stylish clothes and accessories - You will find classy clothes and accessories at Dolce Boutique, including purses, jewelry, watches and more. This will make your mom shine with delight each time she wears them.
- Walking in Style - Mom will enjoy walking everywhere in Liberty distress leather ankle boots from Overland Sheepskin. It’s the perfect footwear for a mom on the go, and great for a day at the office or a night on the town.
- In style for the summer sun - Keep Mom cool this summer with colorful handmade Ecuadorian straw hats from Plein Goods. To complete the outfit, pick up a stylish Maxi Dress from Animas Trading. Mom will be styling and ready her next adventure out in the sun.
- Nature lover – Mom will love the unique bird houses offered at Plein Goods. All made from recycled material, each one is as unique as she is.
- Bookworm - Say I love you with books and other sweet gifts for mom from Maria’s Bookshop. From special books to unique socks, hot pads, kitchen towels and even a cute lady bug contact lens case. There is a whole table full of items just in time for Mother’s Day.
- Proud Mamma Bear - Show your love for your mamma bear with a beautiful sterling silver pendant. The “Sunburst Bear Pendant” by Ray Tracy from Sorrel Sky Gallery is a beautiful piece Mom will love to show off each time she wears it.
Check out our Mother’s Day Gift guide for these items and more: http://www.downtowndurango.org/mothers-day-gifts.
And don’t miss the Shop Local Red Balloon Event, Mother’s Day Weekend, Friday, May 11 through Sunday, May 13. Lots of fantastic sales, activities, demonstrations and more. Parking is free at all meters and city lots on Saturday and Sunday. Check out the details here: http://www.downtowndurango.org/shoplocal.