Spooktacular Fall in Downtown Durango
Fall is in the air! The leaves are changing and the weather is getting cooler. It’s a beautiful time to come Downtown to enjoy some autumn activities and do some shopping along the way. We put together a shopping and activities guide just in time for Halloween.
Shopping for Halloween in Downtown Durango
- Decorate! Get in the spirit of Halloween and check out all the fantastic decorations at Tippy Canoe and the Urban Market. Tippy Canoe has fantastic wooden pumpkins, Halloween signs, fall foliage, napkins, table décor and more. Also carried are some one-of-a-kind witch’s hats that are eye-catching and entertaining. Urban Market carries fun Halloween signs, skelton heads, cute pumpkins, hanging owls and more.
- Just for Fun! There’s No Place Like Home has some fun items such as Name Your Poison glasses, Last Drop bottle opener, Zombie Repellent, cool skeleton candles and more. Other sweet accessories include a black cat tote bag and the skeleton sparkly key chain.
- Looking for a costume or Halloween accessories? Check out Beads and Beyond and Animas Trading, you will find a variety of wigs, masks, costume accessories and more. We discovered everything from a chicken to a unicorn mask at Beads and Beyond. And for accessories… you will find fun things like tattoos, eyebrows, glasses, fairy wigs and more. Animas Trading also has a fantastic hat collection to complete any Halloween costume – everything from a clown hat to an alien hat to everything in between, plus a great variety of accessories. And make sure to check out the great wig selection!
- In the kitchen! The Market at Durango Roasters has some fun cookie cutters, including pumpkins, witches and witch’s hats. Check out the Pumpkin recipe book for some baking inspiration. There’s also some adorable pumpkin bowls, perfect for this time of year.
- For the little ones: Maria’s Bookshop has a great collection of Halloween books. I found some fun titles like: Zip! Zoom on a Broom and Honk! Quack Boo and many other fun books your kids will adore. Kids Rock has some fun kits that will get your little one in the spirit of Halloween, such as Creepy Glow in the Dark Tricks and the Pranks & Gags. Also carried are some cute super hero capes that little ones won’t want to take off after Halloween has passed.
- Need a bag to carry all the candy? There’s a great Trick or Treat Canvas tote at Del Sol. This tote is free with your purchase of $10 or more.
- When it’s time to relax, visit the Spaaah Shop. The shop has wonderful pumpkin candles, pumpkin scrub and more. The team is also offering treatments with special scents just in time for the holiday.
- And let’s not forget the chocolate. Stop by Animas Chocolate Company for some special Halloween treats such as Halloween-themed chocolate lollipops, spider bites and a Halloween-style truffle. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory carries great caramel apples, which are my favorite this time of year, along with other special treats for Halloween.
Looking for some fun activities? Mark your calendar for these events!
- Peanuts Great Pumpkin Patch Express, October 21 & 22
- Haunted House at the Durango Elks Lodge. Children’s Version October 28, 12-3 pm, Adult Version October 27, 28 & 31
- Downtown Balloon Glow, October 20 by the Train Depot, 7 pm
- The Rocky Horror Show, October 27, 28 & 29 at the Henry Strater Theatre
- Halloween Dance, October 28 at The Irish Embassy Pub, 8:30 pm
- Durango Police Halloween Trick or Treating, October 31, Durango Police Department, 3-6 pm
- Children’s Halloween, October 31, Downtown Durango 4-6 pm
- Halloween Bike Parade, October 31, Meet at Buckley Park, 4 pm
- Full Moon Ghost Crawl: Haunted Durango Train Museum Experience, Railroad Museum, 8:30 pm
For more events happening in Durango check out our Calendar at DowntownDurango.org